Work The World (WTW)
Rules & Instructions
1. The WTW Award Series is free and available only to Members and Club Members of the PODXS Ø7Ø Club.
2. Only PSK31 QSOs made on or after 0000 UTC 1 July 2012 can be used for credit for the WTW Award Series.
3. All QSOs used for credit for the WTW Award Series must be made using the applicant's callsign (either your own call for an individual application, or the callsign of the member club if the club is the applicant), consistent with the Ø7Ø club callsign policy (posted here on the web site). If you have multiple club memberships for alternate callsigns, contacts using different memberships must be kept separate for WTW credit. In other words, all contacts in a WTW application must be made using callsigns that are listed under a single membership number.
4. While there is no power requirement or limit, you are urged to use only the minimum power required.
5. There are 9 separate endorsements for the WTW Award Series. They are:
- 1. Spell All South American Countries (SASAC)
- 2. Spell All Australian States (SAAS)
- 3. Spell All Oceania Countries (SAOCC)
- 4. Spell All Canadian Provinces (SACP)
- 5. Spell All North American Countries (SANAC)
- 6. Spell All European Countries (SAEUC)
- 7. Spell All Asian Countries (SAASC)
- 8. Spell All United States (SAUS)
- 9. Spell All African Countries (SAAFC)
You must complete the 9 endorsements of the WTW Award Series in the order above.
6. Reference worksheets for the 9 separate endorsements of the WTW Award Series are available in PDF format here. The term "worksheet" does not mean a single piece of paper, but refers to the set prepared for each indvidual award endorsement. The Adobe .pdf files are for your reference, not for submittal.
7. When you qualify for your first WTW endorsement you'll receive that endorsement sticker and a WTW certificate to hold all 9 of the WTW endorsement stickers. As you qualify for additional endorsements those stickers can be added to the WTW certificate.
8. All WTW applications submitted are subject to verification by the Award Manager. Decisions of the Award Manager are final.
1. The date format for WTW is YYYYMMDD.
2. Work stations all over the world, on any amateur HF (160M to 6M) bands, using PSK31 mode only.
3. Use the suffix of each station's callsign to collect letters to spell out the names of countries, states, provinces, or territories listed on the worksheets. In general the suffix letter is the first letter after the last number in a callsign (in the spirit of the Bingo and WOTMC endorsements). Check with N6MG for a ruling on non-standard callsigns.
4. You may not repeat any callsign within any one WTW endorsement. A single QSO can be used for only 1 WTW endorsement.
5. Effective 01-Jan-2013 new applicants MUST submit their LOGS (not the worksheets) to the KJ4IZW Award Checking website at: http://hamclubs.info/070-
7. Thanks to David, KJ4IZW, for the WTW Checker at: http://dwestbrook.net/projects/ham/070-checker/070-WTW.xls
Please see the WTW FAQ for additional information.